4 Signs Your Home Needs Residential Electrical Repair


4 Signs Your Home Needs Residential Electrical RepairModern homes use miles of wiring to keep lights on, stored food cold and baths warm. A single electrical outage could cause major problems for you and your family, such as hundreds of dollars worth of spoiled good you keep in the fridge and freezer. Of course other electrical issues could be much more detrimental. A short could cut the lights off and loose wiring may even start a fire. It is incredibly important to reach out to a professional electrician if you notice any signs of electrical trouble in your home, including the following.

Burning Smell

If you smell a burning odor near outlets or switches turn your electrical power off right away and contact an electrician. A burning odor may be caused by an overloaded outlet or a faulty switch. That burning smell could be serious trouble, signaling the start of an electrical fire that could burn the whole house down.

Tripping Circuit Breaker

If your circuit breaker continually trips, meaning power to part or all of your home is shut off, then there may be an issue not related to overloading. The circuit breaker is designed to shut off if too much electricity flows through a circuit, but if your breaker regularly needs to be reset it could be due for replacement because of its age or it could be using an outdated type of breaker or fuse.

Flickering Lights

Flickering lights could mean one of several things. First off, try replacing the light bulb to see if that resolves the issue. If it doesn't it likely means the light fixture may be faulty or the connection at one end or the other is not proper. Contact an electrician to have the problem diagnosed and repaired so that you don't end up shocking yourself.

Intermittent Outlets

Do you have outlets or light switches that seem to only work part of the time? They likely have loose wiring or a poor connection. This can pose a risk for people in the home because if you try to plug in something and it comes in contact with exposed wiring, you may likely receive a hefty shock or send sparks flying that could start a fire.

Electrical repairs should always be completed by a professional so that you do not expose yourself to the chance of electrical shock or fire. Each of these are very real risks. If you need a professional residential electrician in Kingwood, TX, or the neighboring communities reach out to Parco Electric. We conduct diagnostics, repairs and installations in homes and commercial properties. If you have any questions or concerns about your home's electrical system don't hesitate to call our team of expert Kingwood electricians at (281) 816-4826 today.


Parco Electric Blog

Written and Published By MORBiZ